FAQ: Can I volunteer at The Animal Store?
We have a volunteer program at The Animal Store called the Jr. Critter Crew. Our volunteers hold and socialize our animals to become good pets in their forever homes.
- You must be at least 11 years old to be a volunteer. Everyone 11 or older is welcome to apply.
- If you are between 11 and 17 years old, you must come in with a parent or guardian to learn about being a volunteer, sign a waiver, and get a tour of the store.
- A volunteer’s primary responsibility is to socialize the birds.
- You will:
- Learn about their habits, food and care.
- Hold, play with, and carry them around the store to get them used to people.
- Show them to interested customers.
- Sometimes volunteers work with other small animals to socialize them.
If you love animals, want to play with them, and are kind and responsible, then you might be a perfect person to join the Jr. Critter Crew. Fill out the form on our contact page for more information.