It’s February, and there is a lot to celebrate: Black History Month (which got its start here in Chicago), Valentine’s Day, and Kenn‘s birthday (2/22), to name a few. Around The Animal Store, we’re observing National Pet Dental Health Month — a whole month is dedicated to keeping your pet’s teeth healthy.
Just as in humans, pet dental health is an essential part of overall health.
Pet Dental Health Tips
Here are a few tips for protecting your pet’s dental health.
- Visit your veterinarian for annual wellness exams. These exams will include a full dental health check up.
- Watch for signs of trouble. Animals can’t talk, so we have to be observant. Look for signs such as:
- bad breath
- changes in eating habits or trouble eating
- signs of pain in or around the mouth, including drooling or bleeding
- Provide safe, enriching chews
Check out this great video on pet dental health for rabbits and guinea pigs. Many of the tips apply to other animals as well.
Special Discount, this month only
The Animal Store carries a wide variety of safe chews for every pet. Here are just a few. Mention this post and get 10% off your pet dental health product (offer valid through 2/28/2022).